JOIN OUR TEAM
At Senior Neighbors, we work together to make a difference in the lives of seniors living in our community. Senior Neighbors is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity, inclusion and a racism free culture in the workplace and our community.
Marketing Assistant Intern
Posted: July 23, 2019
Working directly with the Development Department on a daily basis, the Marketing Assistant Intern is responsible for agency social media efforts along with various marketing, event assistance and fundraising database related tasks. This is an unpaid part-time position for the Fall of 2019 and Spring of 2020.
This position will provide hands-on, real-world experience working to raise funds for a local non-profit and improve the lives of seniors in Kent County. View Job Description >
Director of Development and Donor Care
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time unpaid internship position, 10 hours per week, with a flexible schedule. Days and hours of agency operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. In addition, periodic off-site meetings and evening events may be required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Primary role in executing the agency social media strategy of engaging donors, clients and the general public in the activities of Senior Neighbors and the community of support for seniors. This includes working directly with program staff and Centers to obtain content to be used.
2. Assist the Development Coordinator with the communications plan for Senior Neighbors, including e-mail newsletters, website updates, annual report and print newsletters.
4. Periodically take part in the processing of thank you receipts and data entry using DonorPerfect database software.
5. Take part in event planning activities as requested and assist during the day of the two main events during the year, inaugural 16 Over 60 Awards Gala (fall) and Meet Your Neighbors (spring).
6. Other duties as assigned.
1. Strong Microsoft Office Skills including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint are required. Basic Adobe Creative Suite skills are a plus.
2. Ability to learn and function effectively within a donor database, utilizing DonorPerfect software.
3. Positive attitude, knowledge of general business etiquette, ability to speak with donors and work well with volunteers and committees.
4. Confidentiality, graciousness, organization, strong attention to detail, high standard of accountability, and careful attention to financial processes.
5. Must have a satisfactory driving record and access to private transportation that meets state insurance requirements and vehicle safety standards, to use on agency business.
This job operates in a clerical office setting and is largely sedentary. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Senior Neighbors is “an equal opportunity employer” and committed to promoting diversity, inclusion and a racism free culture in the workplace and our community.
–The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed and are not an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions.–
If you are interested in applying for this internship position, please send an email with cover letter and resume to Brian Clark, Director of Development and Donor Care, to email@example.com.
Grandville Senior Neighbors Center
Posted: February 25, 2020
This position will assist the center coordinator in daily operations as needed and with the development of the congregate meals program for the seniors at the Grandville Senior Center. Part time 20hrs/week. $9.65/hour. View Job Description >
Date Available: Immediately
Job Type: Part-time 20 hours per week – 4-hour shifts Monday-Friday
Salary: $9.65 per hour
To assist center coordinator in daily operations as needed and development of the congregate meals program for the seniors at the Grandville Senior Center.
Grandville Senior Center Coordinator
1. Assist in the setup, serving and cleanup for the nutrition program.
2. Assist in the supervision of volunteers and/or staff in the meal program/kitchen and specific center projects as directed, making sure they stay compliant of all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for the Grandville Senior Center.
3. Assist in clerical and statistical reporting of the nutrition program and other center activities as directed to the Central Office and Meals on Wheels of West Michigan (MOWWM).
4. Daily ordering of lunches in compliance with the rules and regulations from MOWWM.
5. Maintain a healthy and pleasant relationship with MOWWM. Please Understand that MOWWM is our customer and not the other way around and needs to be treated with the utmost respect.
6. Maintain a well-organized, clean and safe kitchen and be compliant of all SOP’s for the Grandville Senior Center kitchen at all times.
7. Help cook breakfast once a week for the Wednesday morning breakfast program.
8. Report to the Center Coordinator and if necessary, Case Managers at the Central Office if any
changes in clients’ health or well-being are noticed.
9. Attend staff trainings and meetings as directed.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or GED equivalent.
2. Must meet agencies standards for background check.
3. Be ServSafe Certified within the first year of hire date. Staff are allowed three attempts to pass the ServSafe Test. Failure to pass the third attempt will lead to job termination. Senior Neighbors will provide the materials and ONLY cover the cost for the first of the three attempts. (ServSafe Certifications expire after five years.)
4. Experience working with older adults preferred.
5. Must be able to work with computers effectively.
6. Ability to take initiative and complete tasks.
7. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with related organizations, participants, general public and other members of the Senior Neighbors team.
8. Must have a satisfactory driving record and access to private transportation that meets state insurance requirements and vehicle safety standards to use on agency business.
9. Dress in an appropriate manner.
Please send cover letter and resume to Nicole Driesenga by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Call 616-233-0745 with questions.
Senior Neighbors is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion and a racism free culture in the workplace and our community. “An Equal Opportunity Employer”