Transportation Provider – Part-time and On-call positions available
Posted: May 11, 2023
Senior Neighbors is looking for qualified drivers to fill open positions. If you are eager to join a team of professionals who are compassionate for the senior community, we are the place. All jobs are daytime shifts, no nights, or weekends. View Job Description >
Date Available: Immediately
Job Type: Part-time 24 hours per week and On-call positions available
Supervisor: Transportation Coordinator
Senior Neighbors is looking for qualified drivers to fill open positions. Do you enjoy helping others and are you looking for a hassle-free driving job? Maybe you are retired and looking for a little additional income. If you are eager to join a team of professionals who are compassionate for the senior community, we are the place. All jobs are daytime shifts, no nights, or weekends.
Part-time position 24 hours a week, providing transportation for seniors in Kent County for essential services. This position is available immediately in Grand Rapids
On-call positions providing transportation for seniors in Kent County for essential services when a driver is absent. We have opportunities for on call positions in Grandville, Grand Rapids, Sparta, and Lowell.
- Chauffer’s License
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Experience working with older adults preferred.
- Ability to understand and take directions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with related organizations, participants, general public and other members of the Senior Neighbors team.
- Responsible for transporting passengers in a safe and courteous manner.
- Needs some computer knowledge for schedule and navigation system.
- Must have satisfactory driving record.
- Must be able to pass MDOT drug and alcohol testing.
If you are interested in this position, please send a cover letter and resume by email to Transportation Coordinator, Kim Doyle at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Senior Neighbors, Attn: Kim Doyle, 678 Front Ave NW Suite 205, Grand Rapids MI 49504.
Senior Neighbors is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion and a racism free culture in the workplace and our community. “An Equal Opportunity Employer”
Lowell Center Coordinator
314 South Hudson St SE, Lowell, MI 49331
Posted: June 23, 2023
The Lowell Center Coordinator position oversees the management of the Lowell Senior Center, plans activities and outings; oversees the meals program and the overall well-being of older adults. View Job Description >
Date Available: Immediately
Job Type: Part-time, 25 hours per week
Salary: $18.00/hour or $23,400 annual
Supervisor: Center and Volunteer Supervisor
Oversee the management of the Lowell Senior Center, plan activities and outings; oversee meals program and overall well-being of older adults. This position is part-time at 25 hours a week. Must possess organizational skills and have a love for seniors. Computer knowledge and some physical labor required.
1. Monitor and manage the day-to-day operation of the senior center.
2. Design, schedule and implement senior center activities, including health, recreation and educational classes, special programs, and support services.
3. Market the center to the surrounding areas to ensure the center continues to grow.
4. Provide information and referral support as necessary and facilitate access to Senior Neighbors’ services and other community resources for center participants.
5. Develop regular outreach activities designed to recruit and retain center participants.
6. Work in a team with center staff and volunteers in order to plan center activities and write the center newsletter.
7. Work with neighborhood organizations and other local groups and individuals to inform the community of activities and increase participant involvement that helps grow the center.
8. Recruit, train, supervise and recognize staff and volunteers to support center activities and services.
9. Keep the center clean by cleaning the kitchen, large eating area, side rooms and bathrooms.
10. Provide staff support to center advisory council.
11. Compile and organize center records for use in center reports (month end, meals & transportation program income money, Meals on Wheels weekly and monthly paperwork).
12. Participate in staff meetings, trainings, and MASC conference.
13. Other duties as assigned.
1. Experience in human services.
2. Experience in working with older adults.
3. Ability to make a fresh, fun environment that would attract new participants and retain ongoing participants.
4. Good organizational, communication, problem solving, networking and interpersonal skills.
5. Ability to perform responsibilities without close supervision.
6. Computer skills including ability to work with Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, E-mail, and Internet.
7. Ability to maintain a professional working relationship with related organizations, participants, general public and other members of the Senior Neighbors team.
8. Must have a satisfactory driving record and access to private transportation that meets state insurance requirements and vehicle safety standards, to use on agency business.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a cover letter and your resume to Center and Volunteer Supervisor, Nicole Driesenga at email@example.com.
“An Equal Opportunity Employer”
“Senior Neighbors is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion and a racism free culture in the workplace and our community.”