RETIRED AND SENIOR VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
RSVP is America’s largest volunteer network for people 55 and over. Join RSVP of Kent County. Get connected to great volunteer opportunities that make a difference in your community.
With RSVP, you choose how and where you want to serve. You choose the amount of time you want to give. And you choose whether you want to draw on your skills or develop new ones. In short, you find the opportunity that’s perfect for you.
We partner with local nonprofits that offer a variety of options to address our community’s needs, gain new experiences and learn new skills. With impact areas focusing on education, healthy futures and community, we are connecting volunteers to opportunities such as:
- Tutoring a student to improve their math skills
- Building relationships while mentoring students to improve their academic engagement
- Reading with students to boost their literacy scores
AGING IN PLACE SUCCESSFULLY:
- Becoming a phone buddy or a friendly visitor to seniors/disabled living in independent settings
- Driving seniors to essential appointments
COMMUNITY IMPACT – LAW ENFORCEMENT & CULTURAL AND COMMUNITY AMBASSADORS
- Assisting local law enforcement agencies with addressing non-crime police work
- Promoting our great city and cultural venues to visiting tourists and event attendees
- Ensuring food security by helping with collecting/distributing food and delivering meals to the home bound
And remember, when you volunteer, you’re not just helping others – you’re helping yourself. Volunteering leads to new discoveries and new friends. Plus, studies show that volunteering promotes a healthier lifestyle and expands your social connections.
Click here to leave your contact information and get started!
NEW! For monthly updates about RSVP of Kent County, click here to sign up!
To Learn More
If you have questions, just let Eddie know: (616) 719-4729, firstname.lastname@example.org.