2018 Nominations Are Now Closed
Thank you to everyone that took part in the first ever 16 Over 60 Nomination Process!
Senior Neighbors is excited to recognize 16 Engaged & Inspiring community members at our inaugural 16 Over 60 Awards Gala to be held Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park. These Engaged & Inspiring community members are continuing to grow and shape West Michigan.
Countless older adults in Kent County positively impact our community every day. Whether it be through business excellence, caregiving, or other extraordinary efforts, this population is an important part of the fabric of our community and the 16 Over 60 Awards Gala will shine a light on these people and their inspiring stories.
Possible nominees include…
- leaders, entrepreneurs, and/or mentors in a variety of areas such as business, politics, philanthropy, religion, etc.
- extraordinary volunteers or those who are giving back to the community in significant ways
- the neighbor everyone can count on for help
- health care or healthy living trendsetters
- champions or advocates of senior issues in legal setting, educational, etc.
- contributors to the local arts and culture community
- anyone 60 years of age or more living life to its fullest or overcoming great adversity
Nominations open April 15 and close June 1
Nominees must meet the following criteria:
-be a resident of Kent County or have their work/contributions take place in Kent County
-be 60 years of age or more by April 15, 2018
-actions must be currently taking place to be considered
-agree to attend the Awards Gala on Wednesday, November 14, 2018, to be held at Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park, as a guest of Senior Neighbors. Each award winner receives 2 complimentary reservations to the Awards Gala.
2018 16 Over 60: Engaged & Inspiring Sponsors
——– Silver ——–
——– Bronze ——–
——– Friend ——–
—— Official Print Media Sponsor ——