JOIN OUR TEAM
At Senior Neighbors, we work together to make a difference in the lives of seniors living in our community. Senior Neighbors is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity, inclusion and a racism free culture in the workplace and our community.
Development Assistant Intern (Summer)
Posted: March 28, 2017
Working directly with the Development Department on a daily basis, the Development Assistant Intern is responsible for agency social media efforts along with various marketing, event assistance and fundraising database related tasks. This is an unpaid part-time position.
This position will provide hands-on, real-world experience working to raise funds for a local non-profit. View Job Description >
Director of Development and Donor Care
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time unpaid internship position, 10 hours per week, with a flexible schedule. Days and hours of agency operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. In addition, periodic off-site meetings and evening events will be required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Primary role in executing the agency social media strategy of engaging donors, clients and the general public in the activities of Senior Neighbors and the community of support for seniors. This includes working directly with program staff and Centers to obtain content to be used.
2. Assist the Development Coordinator with the communications plan for Senior Neighbors, including e-mail newsletters, website updates, annual report and print newsletters.
4. Periodically take part in the processing of thank you receipts and data entry using DonorPerfect database software.
5. Take part in event planning activities as requested and assist during the day of the two main events during the year, Twilight Shines (fall) and Meet Your Neighbors (spring).
6. Other duties as assigned.
1. Strong Microsoft Office Skills including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint are required. Basic Adobe Creative Suite skills are a plus.
2. Ability to learn and function effectively within a donor database, utilizing DonorPerfect software.
3. Positive attitude, knowledge of general business etiquette, ability to speak with donors and work well with volunteers and committees.
4. Confidentiality, graciousness, organization, strong attention to detail, high standard of accountability, and careful attention to financial processes.
5. Must have a satisfactory driving record and access to private transportation that meets state insurance requirements and vehicle safety standards, to use on agency business.
This job operates in a clerical office setting and is largely sedentary. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Senior Neighbors is “an equal opportunity employer” and committed to promoting diversity, inclusion and a racism free culture in the workplace and our community.
–The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed and are not an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions.–
If you are interested in applying for this internship position, please send an email with cover letter and resume to Brian Clark, Director of Development and Donor Care, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: March 13, 2017
Full time position to link older adults on a one-to-one basis with agency and/or community resources, and assist them in ways that enhance independent living in the community. View Job Description >
Date Available: Immediately
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field preferred.
- Experience working with older adults preferred.
- Experience in financial planning helpful.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with related organizations, participants, general public and other members of the Senior Neighbors team.
- Ability to perform responsibilities without close supervision.
- Knowledge of area resources preferred.
- Must be willing to take agency determined training on Medicare/Medicaid insurance options in order to be qualified to help agency clients assess for appropriate health insurance coverage.
- Must have a satisfactory driving record and access to private transportation that meets state insurance requirements and vehicle safety standards, to use on agency business.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Willingness to speak in public preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to understand and effectively work with a wide variety of human dynamics and behavior.
Salary: $31,990 annual
If you are interested in this position you can send a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com or by mail to Senior Neighbors, Attn: Secretary at 678 Front Ave NW Suite 205, Grand Rapids MI 49504.