JOIN OUR TEAM
At Senior Neighbors, we work together to make a difference in the lives of seniors living in our community. Senior Neighbors is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity, inclusion and a racism free culture in the workplace and our community.
Housing Case Manager
Posted: July 14, 2017
Part time (24 hours) bachelors level position in the Housing Coordination program. Duties include completing intakes and assessments that identify and determine client’s needs and housing goals. View Job Description >
Facilitate client’s efforts to find or maintain the best housing options available. Update housing list for subsidized housing, independent apartments, and identify emergency housing options. Assist clients with the completion of housing applications, and in obtaining necessary verification and documentations for landlords. Assist clients with general housing needs, obtaining furniture, and identifying moving options. Provide periodic trainings and educational opportunities to promote service in the community, and attend periodic trainings that help improve knowledge and improve services to the seniors we serve.
Date Available: Immediately
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Ability to assist clients in obtaining and maintaining appropriate housing and shelter.
- Training and experience in the area of providing housing interventions on behalf of others.
- Have a basic understanding of mortgages, home ownership responsibilities, rental services, and tenant rights.
- Desire to work with older adults.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with related organizations, participants, general public and other members of the Senior Neighbors team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to understand and effectively work with a wide variety of human dynamics and behavior.
- Ability to perform responsibilities without close supervision.
- Knowledge of area resources preferred.
- Must have a satisfactory driving record and access to private transportation that meets state insurance requirements and vehicle safety standards to use on agency business.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Adequate computer skills.
If you are interested in this position you can send a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com or by mail to Senior Neighbors, Attn: Tom Oosterbaan at 678 Front Ave NW Suite 205, Grand Rapids MI 49504.